Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Sweet Life

I have a friend: a very dear, very sweet friend who has decided that I am her pet project. She wants me to write. It's true that I have a blog, but I really have never considered myself a "blogger." I know, a blogger literally is just someone who blogs, but I do it so infrequently, and honestly sharing what I think in such a public forum, even if its about food, feels awkward. Yet this friend insists that I have "voice" and that I'm "funny." Her blog(s) are becoming pretty well known and she's branching off into publishing some short stories, so maybe I should listen to her and at least give this blogging thing another try. But something's going to change. I just can't talk about food ALL OF THE TIME. It makes me hungry. And I don't really own a digital camera (who wants to read a food blog without those high-res, gorgeously back-lit, reach-through-the monitor-and-eat-it photos?).

The Sweet Smith wants to talk about something else. LIFE. Primarily mine. If you're a close friend, maybe sometimes yours.

Let's cross our fingers and see of this works out better.

2 comments:

  1. EEEPPP!!! I love this idea. I like your life and can't wait to read/see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alicia, I am glad to see you're back to blogging. I am looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete